Our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ said in Matthew 24:5, For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many and again in Matthew 24:11, And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many and in Matthew 24:23 – 22, Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
What are False Prophets and Teachers? Simply put they are individual men and women that mix lies with the truth in their deliverance of God’s Word. When you do this mix leaven (lies, sin) with unleavened (God’s Word/Truths) that leaven, unleavened the whole loaf! You corrupt the Word of God! These people presume to speak a word in God’s Name thereby taking God’s Name in vain by pretending to speak of God with lies. God said in Deuteronomy 19:20, But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die. That’s serious don’t you think?
God made clear in Deuteronomy 18: 15 – 19 and confirmed in John 6:14, Acts 3:20 – 24 and Acts 7:37 – 38. If you call yourself a prophet then you’d better past the test as one as Jesus says in Mark 16:15 – 18 and not as in Deuteronomy 18: 20 – 22 or Jeremiah 14:14 – 15. God’s Truth is preeminent and the Word is truth. You can’t rebuke Satan using false words you learn from other bibles by men. False prophets and teachers may provide 95% truth but that 5% unleavened is taking people to hell with them. Human’s rewards are accolades, money and worldly successes. Demonic spirits use humans as their instruments to take as many people to hell with them. Also read Deuteronomy 13:1 – 18 and 2Thessalonians 2:1 – 4. God does test us and it is our responsibility not the minister, preacher, teacher or prophet to get saved. It’s the Holy Spirit that has to draw us and not man. See Hebrews 12:25 – 29, If we hear something and think it came from God but it contradicts the Word of God, then we didn’t hear it from God. God is not the author of confusion. When we embrace false prophets we are denying the Word of God. There are more false prophets, teachers and pastors now than at anytime in history. Psalm 64 will help because most of us have a fear of man and not of God. We want to have warm fuzzy feelings and everything is alright sermons that these people tell us. See Isaiah 5:24, Isaiah 30:8 – 32, Jeremiah 5, Jeremiah 6:16 and Zech 13:1 – 9. God dealt differently with the Jews than with the Gentiles. They required signs of wonder and had no completed Word. The Gentiles seek knowledge (Word) and the KJV is the old path (narrow) while other bibles NIV, Amplified, NKJV and others are the broad path (wide) that leads to destruction. They despise His Word as in Proverbs 13:13 and that’s terrible. You never hear them teach about the things they should teach about because if they did then you’d figure them out. They get you to trust what they say so you won’t study the Word to check out if what they tell you is true. What does 2Timothy 2:15 – 16 say to do? We simply go fill up their Pugh’s and rely on them because they sound so good.
Jesus, Paul, Peter and John told us about them in Matthew 24:11, 24, 2Peter 2:1, 2Corinthians 11:13 – 15, 1Timothy 4:1 – 2 and 1Timothy 1:3 – 4. Do you really think that false prophets are saved? They teach us that it’s not right to judge any one. Look at Romans 15:17 -18 and 1Corinthians 2:15 – 16. Read 1Corinthians 2:12 – 14. Proverbs 11:1 – 4 tells us false balance is an abomination to the Lord: but a just weight is His delight. Do you think the punishment for false prophets will be great? Again are they saved? Read again the Apostolic Commission in Mark 16:15. Now read Revelation 2:2, 2Corinthians 12:12, Matthew 7:15 -27; 10:26 – 42, Acts 20:28 – 38, John 10:12, 13 and Proverbs 14:15. We have to recognize and find out for ourselves and not leave our destiny in the hands of these people or anyone but Christ Jesus our Lord and Saviour. They preach well and we look up to them. Satan puts them in churches and they teach us the easy path and not the hard narrow path.
What are the characteristics of false preachers: 1. Appear sincere; 2. Appear intelligent; 3. They’re popular – look at all the people that attend their services; 4. Charming, attractive, prosperity teaching and good at what they do; 5. Knowledgeable, read John 12:42 – 43, Acts 4:13, so you don’t have to have a degree and come out of the Seminaries or the 501C3 State Ordained Prosperity teaching schools. These false teachers have to do what they do or loose out on money provided to build the huge buildings and if they teach anything else then the hierarchy will punish or expel them. They have big brother watching over them to make sure they don’t teach you salvation and God’s truth. They are all about money period! I’m not saying all of them but most. If Seminary is the basis for their foundation and it’s corrupted how can they teach righteousness? Read Matthew 15:10 – 20 and Matthew 24:24! 6. Reassuring – don’t worry everything is going to be ok, just listen to me, 1Timothy 4:1 – 10; 2Timothy 4:1 – 5; 2Timothy 3:1 – 17. 7. Confident – people follow them, they know it all and you can’t tell them nothing (demon possessed), can’t question them or ask questions. 8. Highly motivated – by money, power, being popular, Satan uses these ministers that have huge followings to take as many to hell as they can. 9. Harmless in appearance – Satan is the most subtle beast in the field so you lower your guard because they are so nice and say what we want to hear in this materialistic Laodecian Church age. All RELIGIONS have a hierarchy and involved in cult (unbiblical), momentary happiness and reassurance. 10. False – not totally true in their delivery, they mix lies with truths. The demon spirits possess these false prophets and their followers all in the name of God.
You can stop being a victim by:
- Don’t be a traditional follower – my parents were in this so I am too; people don’t question what parents are doing so we end up honoring man more than God because most don’t have the Word
- Arm yourself with knowledge – Hosea 4:6, see in Acts 17:10 -12 how they searched the scriptures daily. The fruit is many got saved and believed. You can’t identify false prophets if you don’t have the knowledge.
- Don’t be complacent – just feel up the Pugh and take their word without searching the scriptures.
- Do your spiritual homework – you’re responsible not the false prophet. See Philippians 2:12 – 13 (1Corinthians 11:32), John 12:48:50, we’ll all be judged by His Word. See Ephesians 2:8 – 9.
What about involvement in politics or government. The twist scripture because they know most don’t study or pick up the Word (most have Satan’s word) and study what His Words mean. They use Webster’s Dictionary (Webster a Free Mason) instead of using Strong’s Concordance to see what the meanings are. Take Jude 8 – 9 and most people think God is talking about man made government. WRONG! They think God is talking about foreign dignities. WRONG! The government is Jesus’ Spiritual Government because man wasn’t suppose to have a government it was suppose to be God’s, not man’s. The dignities mean the ‘glorious ones’. Who are the glorious ones? Look at verse 9 and it tells you. Satan the Devil is one and Michael the archangel didn’t do like Satan does in Job and makes accusations to God but simply says, “The Lord rebuke thee.” What did Jesus do in the wilderness when tempted by Satan? He said, “Get thee behind me, Satan.” But what do we do? We think we can do something to Satan and he likes that because he knows better, but we don’t. Because we don’t have our minds renewed and put on the new man. We don’t have the full armor of God plus His helmet of salvation or knowledge. Satan loves it when we think we can fight him and that’s when he overcomes us. Satan walks the earth looking to see whom he can devour, who is weak meaning without the full armor of God and helmet of salvation or knowledge. He’s a ravenous lion and his ministers, teachers and prophets are wolves in sheep clothing!
Everyone examines things when they go buy a house, car and other items of the world but when it comes to your salvation we don’t check out the minister or prophet we just believe what they say. Most of us only open the bible on Sunday at church. How pathetic is that. Be in the world but not of it, walk in the spirit and not in the flesh. Learn to fear God and ask for humbleness when you do receive His knowledge. Most importantly get out from the false prophets and into God’s Word the KJV Bible.
Ten Signs of False Preachers
- He sells false gospels, thus saves No One: Why false? Only believe in Christ is the True Gospel and salvation is Permanent. Bible is unmistakable on this. So the teacher who adds verbs like baptize, repent, invite, make Christ Lord, say your faith aloud – can’t read bible’s John 3:16 in translation, let alone in the original God breathed Greek. So The Spirit Is Not In Him! A teacher who misrepresents the Gospels is either Not Saved or is an apostate, he can’t read bible anymore. Just quietly leave and don’t denounce him to anyone. God will discipline him to wake him up.
- Teacher calls him/herself anointed or a prophet who gets revelation from The Lord in some vision or other way: Warning: if the person must tell you how good he is – he’s not! Typical ploy uses Christian buzzwords, i.e “anointing, burden on my heart or revealed to me, etc. Notice they invoke God’s Name like a designer label, but no scripture backup. If the message really came from God, then God will testify to you as you hear it. The one sending the message should admit but never Claim God’s authority, trusting God will testify His Confirmation. Notice how Christ never claimed the authority from God even though He is God, but rather referred the hearer to the Content and to Father’s Testimony, in Gospels. All info comes solely through the WORD post-apostles, says Hebrew 1. So anyone claiming to be a prophet or apostle after John is a liar. A. Paul was the last APPOINTED apostle, says 1Cor 15:1 – 8. John was the last living apostle, Rev 1. B. Canon Closes at the end of Revelation, Rev 22: 6 – 21 is a Drama Greek epilogue closing both History and the Book. So anyone claiming to be a prophet, prophetess or apostle AFTER this is a liar. Maybe demon influenced believer, maybe unsaved, but definitely lying, 1John 1:8,10. C. All authority is through pastor-teachers post 96AD when God completed the Canon, Eph 4: 11 – 16; 1 Cor 13. D. Notice how Paul invokes Isa 28: 1 – 12 to show tongues die when the Temple does in 1Cor 14: 21 – 22. So anyone claiming tongues still exist, can’t read Bible either. E. Jer 27: 9; 28:17; Isa 1; 28; Matt 7; 1Cor 3; 2Cor 11; 2Tim 2:26; 3:7; Gal 3; 5; 2Pet 2; 3; 1John 2; 2John 7; 11 also cover teachers falsely claiming authority from God. False teaching is the popular trend of history. Liars will allege they determine what is Canon and when completed (i.e. those Councils at Nicaea, yesterdays mystics, today’s prophets or Mohammed).
- Teacher childishly reads spirituality, stresses body works and/or ritual, miracles: Most Christians want a “rah rah” warm and fuzzy feeling Jesus brand of religion, rituals and works over which they can preen. They want entertainment, miracles, songs – but not God. False teachers CATERS to their sinful desires, 1John, 2Pet 2, Jude 9, 2Tim 2: 26; 3:7. A good teacher tries to RAISE his congregation above that childish view of spirituality, so will teach beyond it. But a bad teacher wants to be regarded well, so will CATER to it, as has happened since 1st century AD. So every foot stomping teacher, every healing teacher, every tongues teacher, every mega-church teacher, every prosperity gospel teacher and every denominational ritual teacher, CATERS!
- Teacher claims you don’t need to name your sins to God: Naming sins to God is vital to post salvation spiritual growth. If you don’t name your sins to God as you remember them (or at least admit you sinned, even if you don’t remember exactly what or when) you will retard spiritually. So the teacher not warning you to name your sins is himself retarded spiritually and carnal. You can’t spiritually grow under him. So too, if the teacher says you must admit your sins to those OTHER THAN God, i.e. Roman Catholicism. 1John 1:9 is to God ALONE.
- Teacher claims God is not TRINITY or that Christ was not God (i.e. was an Angel or wasn’t Divine until after the Cross): Juridical Independence is required for Salvation to be juridical valid: a. so three Gods must be involved, b. each Infinitely Co-Equal, c. Father, Son, Spirit, d. Father judges, e. Son takes on Humanity and in that Humanity pays, f. Spirit Sustains that Humanity, g. Thus Salvation is True payment – NOT moving the money from one pocket to the other. For if God were only one Person, He pays Himself; so He doesn’t really get paid! Payment must come from someone else of the SAME Stature. The teacher who doesn’t understand this, can’t read bible, so can’t read the Thousands of references to Trinity in both Old and New Testaments. Every page in the Bible has verses on Trinity and Christ’s God-man nature. Save time and ask God to help you spot them.
- Teacher claims Rapture invalid or not pre-Trib: This claim is a form of anti-Semitism. God punishes anti-Semitism very severely. God promised Israel 1,000 years under a Son of David and reserved 7 years to antecede that promise. There wasn’t supposed to be a Church. Christ had to invent it to save Time, in Matt 16: 18, ratified in John 17 as a post-mortem New Testament Father would fulfill at His Discretion. Book of Hebrews is on this topic. Else we’d not be here to read it. So the teacher who doesn’t know that unknowingly serves Satan. For Satan wants to denigrate and kill all Jews.
- Teacher claims Church started in Abraham’s tent or that Jewish Covenant replaced BY Church or that the Jews are not the true Israelites: Read Books of Hebrews and Ephesians (especially Hebrews 5; 10; Eph 2) Romans 9; 11. Even in translation you can tell there are Two Separate Kingship Covenants, not just one. Church gets the Pre-Israel Covenant of battleship royalty if Christ won at the cross, per Psalm 110 which Hebrews 5; 10 explain. Thus the promise of the “new covenant” to Israel would still be bridged despite her rejection. Jeremiah 31:31 – 34 explained in Hebrews 8:8; 10:17. Israel’s covenant is unchanged vested in Messiah per Eph 2, Rom 9;11 and Hebrews 11: 39-40. To sell lies three outer falsehoods will be employed which always beguile negative-to-God believers and non believers. Numbers 8 – 10 cover these.
- Teacher claims respectability appeal: This is an appeal to mass approval, vox dei vox populi. If the peers accept the teacher then he/she must be from God is the lie sold. So YOU bypass checking what he/she says versus the Word of God. YOU make excuses to buy what that false teacher sells in the name of so many approving him/her. So YOU are to blame not the false teacher.
- Teacher claims he/she is teaching the one true faith or similar exclusive claim: This arrogation by a teacher or sect (i.e. Catholicism, Calvinism, other sects) is often base on appeal to history, tradition – so a variant of respectability claim. Yeah, history is full of LIARS. So old liars are respected. Notice the bible negates their claims i.e. 1John 2:2 instantly refutes Calvinism, Matt 16:18 in Greek instantly proves Catholic Church Pope claim a lie, via the 77 uses of Petra (Bedrock = Christ) vs. petros (chip = Peter) in the Bible (esp. 2Cor 10:4). Lukewarm (Laodiceans) folks go for traditions, majority rules and ritual as majestic or respectable. So they learn the God of the Bible not at all. What they learn instead is works and being nice to people. So they can’t detect falsehood at all. The Word of God takes SECOND PLACE to works, respectability, being nice, observing special rituals, days and traditions. For people is the god instead of God. So the false teacher CATERS to the lukewarm love of people and past.
- Teacher advocates political activism: Revelation 17 is on the evil of marrying church and state (mystery is a moniker for Church in the NT). So all political activism is satanic i.e. profile, gay marriage – if pushed on civil government. For if you’re busy petitioning Caesar you’re refusing God, 2Chr 7:14; Isa 30: 3 – 7; 31:1, “My Kingdom is not of this world.” “They are not of this world”, give to God what is Gods”. There are many prohibitions in the Bible! False doctrine is urged politically; and there are often many bible verses proving the doctrine false, i.e. blasphemous claim that soul life is in the womb makes God a murderer, sadist, denies salvation since human brain completes just before birth – so Christ could not stay sinless, if the soul in utero! Violate Ex 21:22 and “mi beten” and “me rechem” verses.
Summary of False Teacher Fruit
- He sells false gospels, saves NO One.
- He calls himself a ‘prophet’ who gets ‘revelation from the Lord’.
- He childishly ‘reads’ spirituality as ‘body stuff’ and/or ritual, miracles.
- He claims you don’t need to name your sins to God.
- He claims God is not Trinity or that Christ was not God (i.e. Angel or not God until after the Cross).
- He claims Rapture is invalid or is not pre-trib.
- He claims Church began in Abraham’s tent, Church REPLACED or Jews not true Israelites.
- He claims respectability.
- He claims he’s teaching the one true faith or similar exclusive claim.
- He advocates political activism.
Some False Teachers: TBN, Joel Osteen, Paul Crouch, Jan Crouch, Benny Hinn, his wife, Rick Warren, Creflo Dollar, Eddie Long, T.D. Jakes, Kim Clement, Paula White, Kenneth and Gloria Copeland, Jesse Duplantis, and Rodney Howard Browne appeared in a video and taught false doctrine. Beware of these ravenous wolves.
Heretical Books & Movements: New World Translation, Kenneth Copeland Study Bible, Book of Mormon, Brownsville Revival, Azusu Street Revival, Pensacola Outpouring, Holy Laughter, Slain in the Spirit, Gospel in the Stars, Endtime Restorationism, King James Onlyism, Perpetual 5-Fold Ministry, Free Masonry.
No one takes delight in pointing out people who prostitute the Holy Scriptures. You just have to be committed to standing for the truth and God’s Truths at all costs. These people are taking people to hell. We need to pray for them all and that they will repent and come to God’s Truth! Everyone likes to use these verses to justify why you don’t judge anyone, Matthew 7:1 – 2, Luke 6:37 and the reason God tells us this is because we judge in the flesh John 8:15. We dont’ judge in the flesh but in the spirit as He says in 1Corinthians 2:15.
The Bible says that FALSE, Christs, apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, workers, and brethren will come from the churches and to the churches particularly in the end times, Matthew 24:5, 11-12, 23 – 24. God wants the true believers to be aware of them and to reject them. They will come appearing as true and sincere but they are deceptive workers. For example a false pastor will appear as a true pastor, a false prophet will appear as a true prophet, a false teacher will appear as a true teacher, and so on. In short, a false church will appear as a true church. Even though they appear as true, Jesus Christ says that they are wolves in sheep’s clothing & they will deceive many. If possible they will seduce even the very elect with signs and wonders. Etc… So, if you and I do not know the difference between the true and false workers, then we will be deceived. The Word of God teaches how to know a true pastor from false pastors, a true prophet from false prophets, a true teacher from false teachers, a true worker from false workers, a true evangelist from false evangelists, and so on. Read 2Corinthians 6:14, Ephesians 5:11 and 1John 1:6. The word of God cautions us about them, instructs us to identify them and advise us to reject them. With this in mind let us study the word of God our selves with the help of God’s Holy Spirit. God says in 2Timothy 3:16 that, All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: Why? 2Timothy 3:17, That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished (meaning equipped) unto all good works. Fellowship with likeminded believers for edification as in 1John 1:7!
Acknowledgement to DefendChrist.org and Dr. Scott Johnson.
Now that we’ve discussed the key to learning the bible our next process should be “How to Study the Bible”! We’ve learned that we don’t just take the Bible as though it is some ordinary book with dead words. The Gospel of Jesus Christ, The Word, is alive. These are living Words not dead words written by man. Remember, the Holy Spirit teaches us God’s Holy Word and if the Holy Spirit doesn’t dwell within you then you will never be taught or understand. The Holy Spirit is only indwells in saved people who have accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour and believe He is God incarnate. He manifested in the flesh and sacrificed Himself for us to cleanse us of our sins. You must believe this to have the Holy Spirit in you to guide and teach you all things.
God said in Amos 8:11 – 12, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord God, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord: And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the Lord, and shall not find it. Romans 10:17, says, So then faith, cometh by hearing, and hearing by the world of God.
The Bible is not difficult to understand but hard to believe without the Holy Spirit being your guide and teacher for we must understand who works against us as in 2Corinthians 11:3 – 4. Remember the Holy Spirit teaches us the Bible, John 14:15 – 17 and John 16:13 – 14.
15 Factors to Study the Bible
- Context Factor: Every word, verse, chapter and book must be in proper context. Man has been taking the Bible out of context from the beginning, 2Peter 3:16 – 17. Know that all scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: (WHY) That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works, 2Timothy 3:16 -17. Read James 1:22 -27, 1Peter 1:18 – 25.
- People Factor: Jews, Gentiles or the Church of God, 1Corinthians 10:32.
- Time Factor: Divisions, 2Timothy 2:15, rightly dividing the word of truth and dispensation, Ephesians 1:10, God has different ways of dealing with people.
- Application Factor: All scripture has three things: historical, doctrinal – teaching, inspirational – how to apply it to our lives, 1Corinthians 10:1 – 14; Romans 15:1 – 4; Ecclesiastes 1:9 – 11; 3:15 – 16; Proverbs 21:19, 21 and Proverbs 25:19, 21 – 22, 28.
- Individual Word Factor: Pay attention to every word – John 20:29 – 31; 21:24 – 25; Proverbs 30:5 – 6. God measures every word – Revelation 22:18 – 19; Psalms 12:6 – 7; Matthew 5:18; All of Psalms 119 – the cleansing Word of God, God’s Word gives life, commitment to God and His Word, a lamp unto my feet, God’s Word gives light, the Word gives peace. The message is the Word and the Word is the message.
- Creation Factor: The invisible things of God are understood by what He made.
- Comparison Factor: Comparing scripture with scripture. It defines Itself! It is of no private interpretation, 2Peter 1:19 – 21; 1Corinthians 2.
- Consistency Factor: A consistent God, first mention meaning is throughout the bible, example is serpent equals evil, devil; Babel equals Babylon. God’s pattern is established throughout the bible.
- Literal Factor: Take a passage literally, God means what He says and says what He means, Matthew 13; Revelation 1; Ezekiel 20:49.
- Attitude Factor: Always line up what you believe with the bible. The bible is the authority.
- Clarity Factor: Some passages are hard to understand right off, Dan 12:9; 1Corinthians 15:29.
- Question Factor: Never base a doctrine on a question. Questions don’t stand alone, they are not to declare or amplify. See 1Corinthians 15:29 it equals questions; Romans 9:13 – 24; James 2:20 and look at Genesis 15:6 and Genesis 22, there were 30 years between events.
- Confirmation Factor: Don’t base doctrine on a single verse. God always confirms what He does, 2Corinthians 13:1.
- Maturity Factor: When you don’t understand a passage, don’t mess it up because sometimes we aren’t ready for it, John 16:12 – 13.
- Apparent Contradiction Factor: There are no contradictions, only apparent. God makes no mistakes, 1Corinthians 2:13 – 14; 2Kings 8:26 – 27 and 2Chronicles 22:2 – 3; 1Kings 6:1 – 38 and Acts 7:47 – 49; Isaiah 29:9 – 14 and Ezekiel 14:1 – 9.
How to Apply
Similitude: two most important words in the bible are as and like, association is an important form of teaching, Matthew 24:36 – 39; Luke 17:26 – 30; Song of Solomon 3:6; 4:2 – 3 to name a few.
Pictures: Old Testament is a picture book, Genesis 22 – John 5:45 – 47 (Jesus); Exodus 12:3 – 5 – 1Corinthians 5:7 – 8 (our Passover Lamb); Numbers 21:8 – 9 – John 3:14 – 15 (brass always associated with judgment of God.
Typology: Lamb type of Christ; serpent type of Satan, sword type of Word of God – Hebrews 4:12, Ephesians 6:17, Revelation 19:15; Egypt type of world – Isaiah 31:1; 144,000,000 Revelation 7: 1 – 8, 1Corinthians 15:5 – 6 and of course others where leprosy was a type of sin and more.
Creation: Stars symbolize Angels; trees symbolize people; raven and dove symbolize Satan and Jesus; waters symbolize voices of people.
These are just a few and there are many things in the bible that help you to study and learn the bible but the main factor is the Holy Spirit that dwells in you if you are saved, that teaches you His Holy Word. I pray that you believe that Jesus is the only begotten Son of God and that He shed His blood to cleanse us of our sins and died and was resurrected on the third day and then ascended into heaven and sits on the right hand of God and makes intercessory prayers for those saved every day. God bless you and keep you.
Strangely enough a lot of people will say that all bibles are the same including those that have leadership positions in a church! This is so far from the truth and what is a travesty is the ones leading the sheep don’t even have a clue so therefore are providing wrong doctrine and reading and studying from man’s bible (instigated by Satan) and not God’s infallible Word. In the first place we as individuals put too much trust in man to teach us instead of allowing the Holy Spirit to guide and teach us the Word. Man is a liar and God cannot lie as stated in Numbers 23:19 and Titus 1:2. His Words are of no private interpretation in 2Peter 1:20. It is up to us to know and understand God’s Word individually. When we stand before Him on that judgment day we will not be there with the preacher, minister, teacher or so called prophet! We will stand before Him by our self. We will be judged for our self and not for what others have done for us. In this country we put certain individuals on a pedestal and give them reverrence that is unwarranted! We are all in the flesh and no flesh shall be saved, all flesh is weak, Matthew 24:22; 26:41 and the flesh profits nothing, John 6:63. Romans 3:23 – 24 says, For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus. This means ALL PEOPLE, no matter if he is the Pope, preacher, teacher, minister or a so called prophet. Study your self but ask God to bless you with His wisdom, knowledge and understanding in His Word and shut your wisdom, knowledge and understanding down so you don’t get in the way. It’s good to study or fellowship with those of like minds for sure, this is a great thing to do. Just stop putting your trust in man and put your trust in Jesus Christ. Let’s get to “all bibles are the same aren’t they”?
Let me ask you this question! If you are in church and your pastor is reading from say an NIV version and the person next to you in the pugh is reading say a NKJ version and you have the AKJ version, do you really think you will get the same message or be fed as Jesus instructed Peter to do in John 21:15 – 17? The answer is absolute, positively NOT! Jesus wasn’t speaking of feeding them food but the Word of God and if you have the wrong word you will get the wrong message and NOT BE FED! God is perfect the first time each and every time and only needed to write His Word once not twenty or more times. Man rewrites God’s glorious Words to suit his own interpretations with the excuses being, we don’t use that language any longer or God was grammatically incorrect or what ever other bogus excuse man uses to CHANGE THE WORD OF GOD! We have the audacity to think that God didn’t write the bible but Moses, prophets, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Peter, Paul and the others did. Please realize that neither of the people with their titles thought to write those glorious words but were inspired by the Holy Spirit of God to write the bible. The Words God gave to us couldn’t have been done by man or they wouldn’t be Holy Words. Otherwords the bible was written by God through individuals that He chose to write His Words. Same thing with the translation of His Word into English, those individuals didn’t just wake up and decide within themselves to translate the bible into English. God chose those individuals to translate His Word. Do you actually believe He would allow man with all of his faults to translate something so Holy and Truthful and as important as His Holy Words them selves? If you don’t know the answer is, NO! But Satan has orchestrated that so that he can do what he does best and that is confuse mankind so they won’t receive the real meaning of God’s Word so he can take as many with him into the Lake of Fire with him. I mean God is not the author of confusion as stated in 1Corinthians 14:33 but Satan is the Great Deceiver as in Revelations 12:9; 20:10.
So how did so many bibles come to be and where did they come from? Psalms 11:3 says, If the foundations be destroyed, wht can the righteous do? Psalms 82:3 says, They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course. Review this chart taken from http://www.born2serve.org/images/kjvchartbig.gif. Click on the page to enlarge the details for viewing!
The battle for the Word of God is going on today as it always has. The work of the Evil One himself has always been to cause men to doubt the Word (Gen. 3:1), to corrupt the Word (2 Cor. 2:17), and to misquote the Word (Luke 4:10,11; compare to the truth in Psalms 91:11 – 12, Satan also knows the bible better than we do but misquotes to confuse). There are many Modern Versions on the scene today all claiming to be more accurate or more readable renderings of the Word of God. Most of these versions follow the MINORITY Greek Text even though that text exhibits a corruption throughout. The King James Version was translated from the MAJORITY Greek Text which agrees with about 95% of all available manuscripts. The MAJORITY Greek Text can be traced back to the Peshitta (Syriac Version) about 150 A.D. The MINORITY Greek Text can be traced back to the Papyrus (Alexandria Version) about 200 A.D.
Many Christian Colleges and Universities have switched over to the MINORITY Greek Text (known as Westcott and Hort or Nestle and Aland) for the classroom, while still using the King James Version in public preaching. Since there are over 5,000 differences between the MAJORITY and MINORITY texts a problem immediately faces the student. The King James Version he brings to the classroom is subjected to constant editing by the teacher who is using a Greek Text different from the one the King James Version was translated from. The student is well aware that God did not inspire two different Bibles. He must make a choice and for the sake of harmony or teacher satisfaction he will usually accept his King James Version minus the MINORITY Text corrections as the Word of God. Should there be an area where agreement cannot be reached he is told to decide on the proper rendering by exercising his spiritual discernment. The schools that are following this double standard will admit that when the King James Version is no longer needed for Public Relations they will make the complete change to the New American Standard or the New International Version. These two are seen to follow the MINORITY Greek Text!
Those who want to replace our King James Version with new Modern Versions are constantly stating that no Bible Doctrines are affected by the changes. One school recently published an article by one of it’s’ teachers in which he said that, “BOTH TEXTS ARE THE WORD OF GOD.” It is difficult to understand how two texts differing in over 5,000 places can both be the Word of God. It only serves to show the absolute desperation on the part of the MINORITY Text champions to defend their indefensible position (through the workings of Satan). The purpose of this volume is to show the changes made by the MINORITY text and how they affect the Bible Doctrines which Christians have always believed.
Though I do not consider any change in the Word of God to be unimportant, I have singled out the most glaring examples. A careful reading will show that the Fundamental Doctrines of the Christian faith have been affected many times. Are we to believe the scholars when they tell us that no important doctrines are affected by the new Modern Versions? It is obvious that they are not correct. What they really mean to say is that when all the changes have been made the Bible Doctrines are still there somewhere else in the Bible. If there are ten verses showing the Virgin Birth of Christ, and they have removed two, there are still eight remaining to prove the doctrine. That may satisfy them, but the Fundamental believer sees that as a piece by piece destruction of the Word of God.
We would accuse them of taking away from the Word of God. They would accuse us of using a Bible which has many additions inserted by overzealous Christian copyists. The issue now becomes quite clear. We must either believe that overzealous heretics have corrupted the original Word of God or believe that overzealous believers have added to the original Word of God. I can understand why heretics would want to corrupt the original Word of God, but I cannot believe that Christians would add one word to the Word of God which they have been entrusted to copy and pass along. The Spirit of God within Christians would put a holy awe and reverence around the sacred word and guided by that same Spirit they would copy what God had given them. My conclusion is that the new Modern Versions are based on Greek manuscripts that have been corrupted by heretics who changed the Word of God to agree with their rejection of the Deity of Christ and their Humanism regarding salvation. The Greek Text underlying the King James Version is not filled with additions made by overzealous Christians. It is the Word of God preserved by the Spirit of God and it exalts the Lord Jesus Christ, giving him his proper place and the glory due unto his name.
Here are just a few changes made in the New Testament because there are tons more:
1:25 “her firstborn” is omitted. That Jesus was her firstborn indicates that Mary and Joseph had sexual relations after the birth of Jesus and that others were born of her. The omission here seeks to add credence to the false doctrine of the Roman Catholic Church concerning the perpetual virginity of Mary. The Bible is clear that Jesus had brothers and sisters.
5:22 “without a cause” is removed. In the Sermon on the Mount the Lord warned of judgment for those who were angry with a brother without a cause. Should this change be accepted, everyone who is angry with his brother may be judged. The effect is to bring Jesus into judgment for failing to observe his own words (see Mark 3:5). Such is contrary to the doctrine of the sinlessness, of Christ.
6:4, 6, 18 “openly” is out. It is a Bible Doctrine that Christian work done unnoticed for the glory of the Lord will one day be rewarded openly (Col. 3:4).
6:13 “For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever, Amen” is deleted. This ascription of praise to “Our Father” is found in 491 out of 500 existing manuscripts. This statement was made a century ago by Dean John Burgon.
8:29 “Jesus” is left out. The demons bore witness to the fact that Jesus was the Son of God. It was an identification of Jesus (in humanity) as the Son of God (in Deity). It affects the doctrine of the Person of Christ.
1:18 “the only begotten Son” is changed to “The only begotten God.” Such a phrase is foreign to Scripture. It accommodates the Arian teaching that Christ was a lesser deity created by God. It agrees with the teaching of Origen that Christ was not equal with God in essence and nature. Sound Fundamental doctrine concerning Christ is that he is one person of the Triune God and that he proceeds from the Father by an eternal generation and reveals God to men as the Son of God.
1:27 “He it is … who is preferred before me” is removed. This change removes the pre-eminence and pre-existence of Christ. John wanted us to see that though Christ came after him, he in reality preceded and ranked above him.
3:13 “which is in heaven” is omitted. This change affects the doctrine of the omnipresence of Christ. As man he was here on earth, as God he was able to be everywhere present. The omission is a corruption introduced by those who do not believe in the perfect and absolute Deity of Christ.
3:15 “should not perish” is removed. This deletion removes the opposite of everlasting life, which is to perish. The doctrine of eternal damnation is weakened by the change.
Title “of the Holy Apostles” is deleted. To leave us with “ACTS” means nothing. That the Apostles were sanctified (holy) by the Lord Jesus and sent forth as his sent ones is evident from John 17:17- 19. The title in the MAJORITY Text is doctrinally correct.
2:30 “according to the flesh he would raise up Christ” is omitted. It was not just that one of David’s descendants would sit upon the throne, but that his greater Son would be raised from the dead in a body of flesh.
2:31 “his soul” is omitted. The body of Christ was in the tomb but his soul went down into Hades (Hell), the place of departed spirits. The teaching of the Bible is that our Lord had a body, soul and spirit.
2:47 “to the church” is left out. Believers are added to the Church which is Christ’s body. The Church is an organism, and when persecutors touched the Church they touched Christ (see 9:5).
1:16 “of Christ” is omitted. The gospel message is of Christ and centers around his Person and Work. This is an inexcusable attempt to leave Christ out of the good news of salvation.
3:22 “and upon all” is dropped. The doctrine of imputed righteousness is most blessed to the believer. We are clothed in his righteousness and God sees us in Him, therefore it is “upon us.”
8:1 “Who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit” is dropped. To the truth that there is no condemnation to those who are in Christ, the Word adds the truth that they are characterized by a walk in the Spirit. It is a Bible doctrine that those who are saved are characterized by a changed life.
2:4 “man’s wisdom” is changed to “wisdom.” Paul did not reject wisdom in his teaching, he rejected MAN’S wisdom.
3:4 “are ye not carnal?” is changed to “are ye not men?” It should be obvious that they were men, but the Bible truth to be taught was that in their divisions they were being controlled by fleshly (carnal) desires and not spiritual desires.
4:4 “unto them” is omitted. The devil does not have power to keep the light of the gospel of Christ from shining, but he does have power to blind men lest it shine “unto them.”
5:17 “all things” is left out. The believer is brought into vital union with Christ so that it is declared that he is in Christ. In the sight of God “old things” of the sinful nature are passed away. It only remains for those old things to be unwound, like Lazarus’ grave clothes, in his daily life. In the sight of God “all things” are become new though they make their appearance in the life of the believer as he grows in grace and knowledge. To deny that “all things” are become new is to deny the finished work of Christ whereby we are made accepted in the beloved.
3:1 “that ye should not obey the truth” is omitted. The Galatians had been bewitched by the Jewish legalizers who had put them under the Law to keep saved. Paul tells them that in so doing they were not obeying the truth. The truth was that they were saved by grace and that all spiritual blessings were theirs in Christ. To turn from that is to be in error.
3:17 “in Christ” is dropped. Paul is talking about the covenant with Abraham through his seed which was Christ. The law was added later and did not affect the covenant of promise to those who would be saved by believing as Abraham did. God promised Abraham that through his seed (singular) all the families of the earth would be blessed. That was a covenant confirmed before of God “in Christ.”
4:7 “an heir of God through Christ” is changed to “an heir through God.” The inheritance is to the children of God through the mediator ship of Christ. We are not heirs of God through God, but through Christ. The change here is intended to destroy the reliance upon the Lord Jesus Christ who said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”
1:1 “at Ephesus” is left out. It is hard to conceive that the Spirit of God addressed an epistle and then lost the address.
3:9 “by Jesus Christ” is removed. It is a Bible doctrine that all things were created by Jesus Christ and without him was not anything made that was made. This change detracts from the Deity of Christ which is made evident by the fact that ALL THINGS were created by Him.
5:30 “of his flesh and of his bones” is left out. The Bible teaching is that the believer is vitally conjoined to Christ for a new life and walk in the Spirit. We are “quickened together with Christ,” “raised up together,” and “seated together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus.” God likens this to the marriage relationship where two people become one flesh.
4:13 “Christ” is changed to “him.” It is precious to the believer to know that Christ will give him strength for spiritual living. Christ himself said, “without me ye can do nothing” (John 15:5). The word “him” is quite indefinite and can be misconstrued by Modernists to include the “him” of any religious group believing in a Supreme Being.
1:2 “and the Lord Jesus Christ” is omitted. Along with the Father he is the source of grace and peace.
1:14 “through his blood” is left out. Redemption and forgiveness of sins is through the direct agency of his shed blood. Many Modernists today can work around the words “redemption” and “forgiveness of sins,” but they cannot work around the shed blood. Therefore they must deny it and be in direct opposition to it.
1:1 “from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ” is dropped. Are we to think that grace and peace is bestowed by Paul? No, that is not within his power. They have their source in the Father and the Son.
5:27 “holy” is dropped from before “brethren.” Paul had other brethren according to the flesh who were not saved (Rom. 9:1-3; 10:1). These were sanctified and preserved brethren and they were “holy” because they were accepted in the beloved.
3:3 “not greedy of filthy lucre” is omitted. The phrase has to do with obtaining earthly gain through disgraceful means. This happens everyday within professing Christendom. It is inspired of God and belongs in the text.
3:16 “God was manifest” is changed to “He was manifest.” The reference is to Christ manifest in the flesh, etc. The MAJORITY Text tells us that this Christ was God. There are 252 copies of Paul’s Epistles which have “God” and only 2 copies which have “he.” The MINORITY Text leaves us in doubt as to who “he” is. The doctrine of the Deity of Christ is greatly harmed here by the corrupt text.
1:11 “of the Gentiles” is omitted. That Paul was appointed to teach the gospel to the Gentiles is indisputable (see Gal. 2:7-9).
1:3 “When he had by himself purged our sins” is changed to “when he had made purification of sins.” The omission of the word “our” leaves us to wonder whose sins were purged his own or others. It is not plain and therefore the substitution atonement of Christ is affected by the change. With the words “by himself” the Holy Spirit wanted us to see that the atonement for our sins was accomplished by Christ alone. The damage to this verse is awesome in its’ consequences.
3:1 “Christ” is omitted. Our High Priest must be anointed of God to that office and the word Christ means the Messiah or Anointed one of God.
2:20 “faith without works is dead” has been changed to “faith without works is useless.” There is a great difference between dead faith and useless (or idle) faith. The first indicates that no faith exists and the person is lost. The second implies that faith exists but it is not being used. Again we see humanism and the false idea of a little divinity in each one which only needs to be fanned into a flame. The change promotes false doctrine.
4:4 “ye adulterers” is dropped from the text. No reason to excuse the men from the scathing denunciation of God’s Word.
1:22 “through the Spirit” is removed. The Bible teaches that it is through the agency of the Holy Spirit that men are brought to believe in Christ. In John 16:8,9 he convicts the world (all men) and draws them to faith in Christ.
1:23 “for ever” is dropped and thereby the preservation of the Word of God is called into question. The agency here of the new birth is the Word of God, which is eternal. Our new birth therefore is as eternal as the Word which originated it.
2:2 The phrase “unto salvation” is added by Westcott and Hort to “that ye may grow thereby.” This puts a question mark over the certainty of our present salvation. It makes salvation a process rather than an accomplished fact. The doctrine of eternal security is denied by the new exhortation to grow UNTO SALVATION.
3:18 “suffered for sins” is changed to “died for sins.” The context has Christians suffering for well doing and they are exhorted to keep on because Christ also has suffered for us. It is a Bible teaching that Christ not only died for our sins, but that he suffered for our sins (see Isaiah 53:5-7).
1:7 “Christ” is dropped. This word brings the cleansing blood into relationship with our great anointed High Priest who ever liveth to make intercession for us. Many cults believe that Jesus (as man) died for the original sin of Adam and that Christ (as a spirit) rose without the body. John would have us know that the one who died and the one who arose are the same.
3:5 “our” is removed from before “sins.” Once again the question of whose sins were taken away is raised. There have been sins committed by angels and men. The “our sins” refers the atonement to those of men. (see my comments under Hebrews 1;3).
3:14 “his brother” is removed. The teaching of the Word is that a true Christian will love his brother in Christ. If a man does not love a true Christian, then it is evident that he is still lost and abides in death. The test of spiritual life is not that we love, but that we love the brethren (see John 13:34,35).
5:10 “kings and priests” is changed to “a kingdom of priests.” The 24 elders are representative of all the redeemed who in Christ are constituted kings and priests. A kingdom of priests smells of Nicolaitanism (the rule of the clergy over the laity) and the priesthood for a select few as in the Roman Catholic Church. (The same change is seen in 1:6)
8:13 “an angel” is changed to “an eagle.” This is most amusing and shows how captive the Revisers are to their corrupt text. In a setting replete with angels we are told about a talking eagle who pronounces three more “Woes” to the inhabiters of the earth.
14:5 “before the throne of God” is dropped. This phrase speaks of the perfect standing that the saved have in Christ. They are without fault before God because they are, like the church, “accepted in the beloved” (Eph. 1:6).
20:9 “from God” is dropped. At the end of the Kingdom Age the enemies of God are destroyed by fire “from God out of heaven.” God is the one who will destroy all enemies and create a new heaven and a new earth.
20:12 “before God” is changed to “before the throne.” The dead will be raised, not to stand before an impersonal throne, but to stand before “the God” [literal]. Many would like to change the personal God into some kind of Divine Mind or Supreme Being.
All that has gone before makes it very clear that Christian Doctrine is greatly affected by the changes. The MINORITY Text is the source of these changes and the New Modern Versions usually follow that Text. It is unthinkable that men of God would continue to advocate the use of these versions when they are in complete possession of all the facts. The ministry of the Holy Spirit is to guide us into “all truth.” May he be allowed to have his way in our hearts. If you have read this book and are of the same persuasion as the author, I would exhort you to give copies to your Christian friends. It is very important that they understand the issue confronting the Church today. Please understand the consequences for those that change the Word of God by either adding or taking away from His Words. It is hazardess to your health and that’s not a joke. Let God tell you, Revelations 22:18 -19 says, For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things WHICH ARE WRITTEN IN THIS BOOK. Maybe that doesn’t scare any of you but it certainly does me. First if you add, you’ll receive ALL the plagues written in the book. Second, if you take away, three things happen, your part is taken out of the book of life; your part is taken out of the holy city and your part is taken from the things written in the book. Talk about Doomsday! How can man, think he can improve on God? Is it the degree from Harvard or he’s a Rhodes Scholar or went to the finest Seminary/Theologian school? PLEASE! Stay away from the bibles that man wrote and stay with what God gave to us period.
Acknowledgement and thanks to: Paul L. Freeman and Dr. Scott Johnson.
My mission is to show God’s Truths from His Holy Word! I pray that I can glorify God through Christ Jesus our Lord and Saviour by helping others understand His Word and develope a desire in their hearts to know Him. You will see that the words won’t be entirely mine but Gods truths from His gospel. I will only be providing information from the King James Version because It is His infallible Word. I will show this in later postings when we do some comparisons and show that there are only two lines from which bibles come from and who the authors are.
I chose the name “Non Lukewarm” Ministries from Revelations 3:14 – 22 because we are in the last church age, Laodicean, where in verse 14 Christ tells us because we are neither lukewarm and neither cold or hot, He will spit or vomit us out of His mouth. Imagine that, so disgusting are we to spit or vomit us out of His mouth. The reason will be aparent as we study and learn together. First we think we don’t need anything because we are so materialistic and just have on the Helmet of Salvation meaning knowledge but not God’s Full Armour! Jesus is outside knocking on the door for us to open the door so He can come in and dine with us. He’s not even in our churches today because of wrong doctrine being taught by false teachers, preachers and so called prophets blindly leading sheep to hell instead of God’s Kingdom. Jesus warns us of all the things that are happening in the present time in Matthew 24 with His warnings of the ‘end of the world’. In verse 24 He tells us many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. He goes on to tell us in verse 24 that these false Christs and prophets will show great signs and wonders inso much that, if possible, they shall even deceive the very elect or believers. This is why in my heart I want to help others that fear God that are doing their part to teach right doctrine to help those underneath those working for Satan to come out from among them in 2Corinthians 6:17.
With God’s Word we will learn together sound doctrine, expose false teachers, preachers and prophets, God’s bible and Satan’s line of bibles, bible context meaning who is being spoken to thus rightly dividing the Word of Truth and to expose what man calls ‘Religion” because God is not religion or about religion. That is man’s creation! Jesus said in Matthew 6:24 no man can serve two masters, we can’t serve God and riches, we can’t love God and love the world. Jesus didn’t come into the world to save the world He came to save sinners as said in 1Timothy 1:15. Jesus came to cause division stated in Luke 12:51 – 53.
It is my prayer that God’s Holy Spirit will touch all who read and study with me from His Holy Word the Gospel of Jesus Christ and He fills them with His wisdom, knowledge and understanding to draw you to Him.
- A Summary of the Contents of Each Book of the Bible
- Divisions in the Word of Truth
- What it Means to Rightly Divide the Scriptures
- Why Is There Confusion Over Doctrine
- Who are We?
- Many Called but Few Chosen
- False Preachers, Teachers and Prophets
- Is Religion Spiritual or of God?
- How to Study the Bible
- Key to Learning the Bible
- All Bibles are the Same aren’t They?
- Non Lukewarm Ministries